CAREER OPPORTUNITY: BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
MS Training Centre for Development Cooperation (MS TCDC), located in Usa River near Arusha, was established in 1976 to prepare Danish volunteers to work in East and Southern Africa. Today it trains over 5,000 people annually from all over the world in Kiswahili language and culture, and in 70 develop- ment courses. For more information please, visit www. mstcdc.or.tz
We provide development management training to our global partners from civil society (national and international NGOs), government, development partners, and progres- sive private sector. Our main geographical focus is Sub-Saharan Africa but increasingly also other global locations. We are looking for a competent, self driven professional to take the position of Business Development Manager.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
The Business Development Manager reports directly to the Principal. The main purpose of this position is to plan, imple- ment and support realization of business plans for MS TCDC. Also, to market and sell MS TCDC portfolio of programme and other services as well as identify and develop business partnership for the same.
1. Business development :
• Support development of business plans of all entities within MS TCDC.
• Develop strategic partnerships with at least five (5) fund- ing agencies annually.
• Prepare and submit proposals for tenders or consultan- cies related to the services offered by MS TCDC.
• Assists the Centre in business strategy development implementation and review.
• Provide advice to the Centre in planning initiatives through market analyses, reports and recommendations.
• Present to and consult with mid and senior level man- agement on sector trends with a view to developing new services.
2. Marketing and Public Relations:
• Develop and implement the MS TCDC marketing strategy in collaboration with others within MS TCDC.
• Re-engineer sales and marketing processes for MS TCDC.
• Develop and manage the annual marketing budget and work plan for the department.
• Market MS TCDC’s facilities and services.
• Conduct periodic market surveys to further develop the marketing strategy and monitor customer feedback through direct reports and post-training evaluations.
• Prepare and coordinate PR activities both internally (newsletter, staff events) and externally (events, confer- ences), and be the liaison between the Centre and the media/public.
MS TCDC strives to be an employer of choice by respecting the rights of employees, promoting intercultural diversity and give specific preference to women!
• A Master degree in Business Administration and or related fields, a first degree in Marketing, Development Studies/Non Profits Studies and Fundraising Resource Mobilization is an added advantage.
• At least five (5) years working experience in Strategic Planning and Business Development, Marketing, Public Relations and consultancy work with Regional and Inter- national organizations.
• Demonstrated experience in managing a diverse team and strong willingness to build capacity of marketing team.
• Professional, energetic, committed and motivated indi- vidual.
• Have passion on Social Justice and Human Rights.
• Resource mobilization and marketing skills.
• Demonstrated ability for writing winning proposals.
• Management and leadership.
• Strategic thinking, conceptualization and analysis.
• Strong communication and presentation skills.
• High level of cross-cultural skills.
• Strong marketing campaign management skills.
• Strong selling and consulting skills.
Fluent in English, knowledge of other international lan- guages is an added advantage
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The position will be based at the MS TCDC in Arusha with 20% Regional and International travel. The position is offered under MS TCDC terms and conditions with a fixed term contract of five (5) years with the possibility of extension depending on the future programmatic focus and needs of MS TCDC.
To apply, submit a motivation letter about why you are the most suitable candidate for the position, a resume and three (3) referees [and one of them must be your current Employer (we will only contact your current Employer if we are offering the position to you)] to firstname.lastname@example.org 20th of Novem- ber, 2013.
We value all applications but we can only respond to short listed candidates. While all applicants will be assessed strictly on their individual merits, women are strongly encouraged to apply.