Vacancy announcement Exec Director
ActionAid Training Centre for Development Cooperation (TCDC)
is looking for his next
Deadline for application: Sunday 24th November at midnight (Central European Time)
Start date: April 1st 2020
Location: Arusha, Tanzania
Do you want to take the lead in further developing the TCDC as a Pan African Leadership Development Centre?
Do you see yourself as the driving force behind efforts and ambitions to foster an African People’s University?
Do you thrive on working closely with great leaders domestically and internationally?
If this is the case, your might be our next Executive Director!
TCDC is part of ActionAid Denmark (AADK) and as such, ActionAid International (AAI) but caters to a variety of civil society organisations, movements and networks based on the vision of “A civil society actively initiating, leading, sustaining and succeeding in popular struggles for a more just, democratic and sustainable world”.
We operate as a social enterprise aspiring to be an innovative knowledge and learning lab, offering fit-for-purpose capacity building in a green and sustainable learning environment.
The Executive Director (ED) is overall responsible for:
- Strategic leadership,
- Fundraising & Business development of TCDC.
Tasks are carried out in close consultation and coordination with the centre’s Leadership Team, Management Forum, Partnership Board, staff and relevant stakeholders of the ActionAid federation.
The Executive Director is expected to have:
- A master’s degree in social science or another relevant field;
- Minimum 10 years working experience of which at least 5 years in a management position incl. people management – preferably with responsibility of middle managers;
- Solid experience in and sound knowledge of governance, leadership, accountability and progressive civil society and social movements;
- Equally solid experience in strategy development and training management with proven strategic, analytical and problem-solving skills.
Click here for the full job ad and further information upon employment conditions and application form