Project Planning and Management: Contemporary Tools and Practices
This course will empower participants to understand the entire project planning and management cycle and enable participant to acquire timely and responsive skills to effectively and efficiently manage the implementation of projects/programmes and ensure that the projects/programmes are consistent and deliver as per expected results.
To enable participants to acquire timely and responsive skills to effectively and efficiently manage the implementation of projects/programmes and ensure that the projects/programmes are consistent and deliver as per expected results.
In order to be accepted on PPM II, candidates will need to show prior learning experience corresponding to PPM I.
- Introduction to Project Cycle Management
- Problem Tree/Stakeholder Analysis
- Theory of Change and Logical Framework Approach
- Project risk management and Budgeting
- Writing a Project Proposal
- Monitoring and Evaluation processes in the project
- Project progress reporting
- Roles and Responsibilities of the Project Manager
- Managing Project Teams
- Managing Difficult People and Situations
- Effective Communication Skills in Managing Projects
- Managers Self-motivation
- Conflicts Management
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Acquire the takeoff skills for effective project management
- Understand the relevant tools vital for managing projects and project teams
- Coach and mentor project staff positively and coherently to contribute to the project implementation process.
- Ensure effective communication channels and information flow with all stakeholders in the project
- Lead the project team in monitoring & evaluation processes & closure of the project
- Manage staff, donor contracts, donor reporting and donor relations.
One Week : US$ 350
Two weeks : US$ 700