Public Policy Analysis and Budget Scrutiny for Evidence based Advocacy and Policy Influencing
The course is designed for governance and development actors from the following groups: government institutions, non-governmental organizations, cooperatives and associations, community based organizations; farmers’ organizations and the media involved in or want to be involve in human rights based approaches to policy and development programme formulation and implementation processes.
This course aims to introduce participants to the principles of a rights-based approaches to Policy and Budget Analysis and policy influencing through evidence based advocacy tools and processes.
- Introduction to public policy and governance – principles and practices
- Women rights and gender responsive public service delivery
- Introduction to policy research, analysis and advocacy
- Political economy and the role of neoliberalism
- National development priorities and the global development agenda
- Linking Policy Pronouncements to Financial Commitments
- Rights based Social Accountability for Public Sector Improvement: Tools, Processes and Inspirational Practices
- Networking and lobbying for influencing policy change
- Stakeholder mapping and action for policy change
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Have acquired skills for policy and budget analysis and advocacy in order to be able to apply course content to their country and organisation specific contexts.
- Identify policy advocacy opportunities and work out strategies to engage with their public policy framework in their country and organisation contexts.
|Tuition Fee||$ 350|
|Full board in a single room(meals & Accomodation)||$471 per week|
|Full board in a shared room(meals & Accomodation)||US$339 per week|
|Hostel Quard plus Meal per week||US$118 per week|