Tax Policy Analysis for Tax Justice Advocacy
This one-week course aims to enhance the skills, knowledge and capacity of tax policy and revenue administration practitioners and advocates in tax policy analysis and tax justice. You will identify key problems in global, regional, national and local tax policies, practices and administration and discuss possible solutions and reform responses.
. You will appreciate the gender perspectives to taxation, the relationship between progressive taxation and gender-responsive public services, taxation and inequality, taxation and poverty in your own context. You will identify gaps in domestic tax policies, practices and systems as well as factors that facilitate the loss of tax revenues in developing countries and be able to suggest pursuable interventions for widening the tax base and promoting fairness and progressivity of taxes. You will examine the links between global and regional tax-related policies and practices and how they affect national tax policies, analyse tax incentive regimes and their implications on taxation for development in developing countries. You will learn new tools for undertaking tax justice advocacy aimed at ensuring fair, progressive taxation.
What you will learn – the key topics
- Taxation, tax policy, and tax administration
- Global and national perspectives on taxation and tax governance
- Tax justice and good tax governance policies and practices
- Taxation and gender, inequality, poverty and regressive tax systems
- Common challenges to taxation and proposed solutions
- Tax avoidance, double taxation treaties and harmful tax incentives
- Responsible and irresponsible tax practices by companies
- Influencing governments and other stakeholders on tax justice
- Research and evidence generation and use for tax justice advocacy
Tax policy and revenue administration practitioners and advocates in tax policy analysis and tax justice.
|Tuition Fee||$ 350|
|Full board in a single room(meals & Accommodation)||$471 per week|
|Full board in a shared room(meals & Accommodation)||US$339 per week|
|Hostel Quad plus Meals per week||US$118 per week|