Trade Policy and Trade Law Analysis for Trade Justice
This one-week course addresses a full range of practical questions practitioners and policymakers in government and corporations might face when considering trade policy options and entering trade agreement. Critically examine how trade policy choices and practices affect income distribution within a country. You will practically review your country’s trade model; assess the determinants and patterns of trade, including the trade effects of certain trade policies. You will then employ simulation methodologies to predict the effects of trade and trade-related policies on your country’s trade flows, social welfare, income distribution, and put forward viable progressive policy options applicable to your context.
You will learn about all trade policy and trade law matters and issues at all levels from as simple as where to find the best trade agreements, data on tariffs and trade flows statistics. You will also be introduced to complex issues in trade law and trade policy such as trade negotiations, trade facilitation and analytical tools for resolving questions on economic impact of membership in global, regional and bilateral trade agreements.
What you will learn – the key topics
- Fundamentals of Trade Policy and Trade Law
- Perspectives on Trade and Aid and distributional effects of trade policies in Africa
- Methods and tools for Trade Policy and Trade Law Analysis
- Country-to-Country and Multilateral Trade Negotiations and Trade Agreements
- Regionalisation, integration and trade facilitation in African context
- Trade Policy evaluation applied to regional and national development aspirations
- Trade Policy Impact on economic development and selected sectors
- Perspectives on gender and trade policies and inequality in Africa
Researchers, analysts and advocates working in NGOs and training institutions seeking to enhance their trade policy understanding and analytics skills.
|Tuition Fee||$ 350|
|Full board in a single room(meals & Accomodation)||$471 per week|
|Full board in a shared room(meals & Accomodation)||US$339 per week|
|Hostel Quard plus Meal per week||US$118 per week|