Bachelor of Arts in Governance and Development
The Bachelor of Arts in Governance and Development is intended for potential students who look forward to participate in formulating and executing policies in democratic governance and development functions; mobilize communities in development activities, assist in facilitating efficient resource allocation and utilization in development programs.
About the Program:
The changing nature and dynamism in development means that, development workers must update their skills to meet these challenges. MS Training Centre for Development Cooperation has been at the forefront in the provision of leading professional development and governance programs. Being a center of excellence in development trainings , MSTCDC has taken the challenge to provide higher education training in Governance and Development.
The BA in Governance and Development program is a transformative program that engage students with cutting-edge content for global governance to be applied in addressing the challenges of governance in Africa. Participants will apply the depths of their knowledge to lead organisations and initiate changes in their societies.
BA students in Governance and Development studies will be acquainted with practical skills thus be able to:
- Develop an understanding on governance and development issues at national and international level.
- Apply principles of governance, democracy and development, leadership, and power and voice in governance to execute governance and development policies.
- Conduct political and development analysis required for sound decision-making for various national and international organizations.
- Engage in advocating for human rights, women empowerment, decentralization approaches and state-society relations to administer social justice and rule of law in development functions.
- Communication Skills
- Basic Principles in Governance
- State - Society Relations in Development
- Comparative Decentralization Frameworks
- Gender Perspectives in Development
- Principles of Democracy and Development
- Global Governance and Politics
- Elements of Development Finance
- Principles of Social Entrepreneurship
- Power and Voice in Governance Discourses
- Sociology of Development
- Human Rights Theory and Practice
- Organizational Behavior
- Discourses in Aid and Development in Africa
- Transformational Leadership in Governance
- NGOs and Development
- Political Economy of Governance and Development
- Methods in Social Science Research
- Regional Integration and Citizen Participation
- Public Policy and Development
- Politics of Development in Emerging Democracies
- Field Practical Training
- Research Project 1
- Development Management
- Corporate Strategic Management
- Multinational Corporations and Development
- Methods in Governance Research
- Natural Resource Governance in Development
- Taxation for Development
- Urban Governance in Africa
- Measurement in Development
- National Cohesion and Social Integration
- Statistics for Development
- Women Leadership in Development
This program is intended for High school graduates who have qualified for university entry and want to build a specialized career in development sector and civil society world.
Also fills the gap for staff of private, public and civil society organizations intent on developing in their careers in this lucrative sector as well as those who want to take their career to the next level are a core target.
- Form six leavers applicants should have two principal passes with a total of 4.0 G.P.A points from two subjects excluding General studies (GS).
- For holders of an ordinary diploma applicants should have a G.P.A of 3.0
Applicants with Foreign Certificates:
All applicants holding foreign qualifications must have their qualifications validated and equated by NECTA or NACTE for certificates of secondary education and teacher education; and for Technical Education in respect of NTA Level 6 /Diploma qualifications respectively. To learn more about validation procedures below links direct to the respective regulatory bodies.
Tuition fee per semester is Tsh 940,800 For Tanzanians or US$ 560
Tuition fee for the whole three years BA program is TSh 5,600,000 or US$ 3333
4th November 2019
MS TCDC offers accommodations for long stay students attending academic programs from it’s well known hostels suitable for students stay. The hostel are within the centre and offers students all the necessary needs for stay and studying. Staying at our campus offers students access to the following services.
- Wifi connection
- Library services
- Standby generator
- Meals service with different options
- 24hrs security