Master's of Science in Governance and Leadership
Graduates of the programme should be able to solve complex governance and leadership challenges, explore emerging global issues that affect governance and leadership. Ultimately, these are graduates that will define the future course of development and move millions out of poverty.
Do you want to be the sought after change leader in 21st century? The core purpose of this programme is to raise a new crop of leaders that provide solutions to 21st century challenges. We will equip students to become leaders through requisite knowledge and skills designed to enhance just, fair
and responsive leadership and governance. Graduates of the programme should be able to solve complex governance and leadership challenges, explore emerging global issues that affect governance and leadership. Ultimately, these are graduates that will define the future course of development and move millions out of poverty.
- Advanced career in NGOs, International Organizations, UN, EAC and others
- Advanced career in government and other public institutions
- Teaching and training in universities and other post secondary institutions
- Leaders in private sector
- Leadership and Development consultancy
- Other development related opportunities
- At the end of the programme, students will have acquired a wide spectrum of knowledge and skills covering:
- Internationally accepted principles of administering/governing sound devolved government systems
- Legal instruments and institutional arrangements essential for successful discharge of the functions of government structures
- Leadership theory, models and standards processes relevant to leadership and governance
- Strategies and instruments for embedding social, environmental and human rights in all phases and steps of leadership process and governance
- Management of the public resources for development works and services including innovative community empowerment modalities like entrepreneurship, self employment, partnerships and e-government.
- Risk leadership, control and reporting techniques in governance operations.
- Be able to impress inclusive leadership and governance in government structures.
- Research Methods
- Gender and Leadership
- Principles and Framework of Public Finance
- Global Citizenship
- Government Framework for Democratic Governance
- International Relations and Development
- Comparative Studies in Democratic Governance
- Community Mobilization and NGO Leadership
- Public Policy for Development
- Values Ethics and Integrity in Leadership
- Strategic Leadership and Management
- Procurement and Supply Chain Management
- Culture and Social Entrepreneurship
- Development Economics
- Political and Conflict Resolutions
- Project Management
- Seminar in Leadership and Governance
- Research Project
Public administration practitioners, managers and officials from ministries, local authorities and public private bodies.
Public leaders and CEOs from the public and private sector.
Professional trainers involved in the development
Policy practitioners from the private sector and civil society organizations.
Holders of any first degree in any discipline with 2nd class upper division and above. Second lower division with 3 years experience.
The duration of the programme is 2 years. There are 3 Semesters of face to face interaction each lasting 6 weeks and a final semester of 1 week.
MS TCDC Usa River Arusha. Tanzania
Tuition fees for the whole course is USD 5,508.00 A wide range of accommodation options available at MS TCDC.
1st Intake (Semester 1): 21st May 2018
2nd Intake (Semester 2): 1st October 2018
3rd Intake (Semester3): 18th February 2019
The application fees is Tsh 30,000 payable through JKUAT Account No: 3300451426 KCB BANK; ACCOUNT NAME: JKUAT ARUSHA CAMPUS.
Filled application forms with application fees can be sent to Board of Postgraduate Studies, JKUAT, P. O. Box 62,000 – 00200 NAIROBI, Kenya or to
The Programme administrator,
P. O. Box 254 Arusha
To apply for the course please download the application form by clicking the link below and submit to programme administrator through firstname.lastname@example.org or send to our general contacts.