Fundraising and Grants Management
This one-week course introduces participants to current and emerging practices in institutional resource mobilisation, fundraising and grants management. Participants will appreciate how individuals and organisations can grow and sustain institutional resource flows through various means and ways of resource mobilisation.
What you will learn – the key topics
- Fundamentals of resource mobilisation - fundraising and grants management
- Types of funding sources, prospect and evidence research, and ethical concerns
- Today’s borderless global village and the role of internet-based fundraising
- The diverse characteristics of public, private and nonprofit organizations and their differing fundraising needs and systems (inside the motivations for giving)
- Basic principles and practices of commercial marketing as applicable to fundraising
- The value addition of inter-agency cooperation (public, for-profit and non-profit)
- Planning and running resource mobilisation campaigns, annual giving outreach
- Grant proposal writing, resource solicitation and networking techniques;
- You will appreciate the contemporary donor environment, how the changes in technology are shifting trends and attitudes in giving and how fundraisers might tailor their fundraiser causes to fit current giving trends - the creative alternative “financing for development” options.
- You will refresh your thinking on developing a fundraising strategy, how to write and design competitive funding proposals and effectively manage donor relations and grant contracts.
Whether you work in a fundraising or partnership role in a development organization, donor agency, government department or regional and international organisations such as the African Union, EAC, COMESA, SADC, those working in political arena, institutions of higher learning and research, and media and NGO sector professionals will find this course very insightful
|Tuition Fee||$ 295|
|Full board in a single room(meals & Accommodation)||$471 per week|
|Full board in a shared room(meals & Accommodation)||US$339 per week|
|Hostel Quad plus Meals per week||US$118 per week|