Gender Responsive Public Services Advocacy
What The Course Offers
What You Will Learn – The Key Topics
- Fundamentals of Gender Responsive Public Services
- Public Financing as a Prerequisite for Gender Responsive Public Services
- The 4S of Gender Responsive Public Services (Size of Budget overall, the Share of budgets to key services, Sensitivity of allocations and Scrutiny of spending)
- Public delivery as a prerequisite for effective gender-responsive public services
- Why Privatisation and commercialization of public services work against GRPS
- Inclusive planning, decision and delivery processes for GRPS outcomes
- Quality and human rights indicators for gender-responsive public services
- Tools for monitoring and auditing gender-responsive public services
- You will be introduced to contemporary arguments and findings such as when public services are not gender-responsive, the burden of women’s unpaid care is increased, inequality is exacerbated and poor and excluded women face a major barrier to enjoying their rights.
- You will examine policy options for improving public services vital to progress on the fulfilment of girls’ and women’s rights, and the potential that gender-responsive public services have for countering social and economic inequalities and creating more equal societies.
- Through practical tools and exercises, you will gain the ability to explain the different dimensions essential for assessing and advocating for the provision of gender-responsive public services.
This course is crafted for government and NGO professionals and working toward advancing women's rights and gender equality related to access to public services.
Fee for the Course/Workshop:
|Tuition Fee||$ 295|
|Full board in a single room(Meals & Accommodation)||$455 per week|
|Full board in a shared room (Meals & Accommodation)||$335 per week|
|Hostel Quad (Meals & Accommodation)||$142 per week|