Danida Fellowship Centre (DFC) and MS Training Centre for Development Cooperation (MS TCDC) established a strategic partnership named "Together for Impact," in 2022.
Together, DFC and MS TCDC represent more than 100 years of experience in transformative training. DFC primarily offers learning programmes for policymakers, public and private sector practitioners, and academia to learn, share and apply their knowledge for sustainable impact. MS TCDC primarily offers capacity development for social transformation through the empowerment of civil society organizations, citizens in general and young people in particular.
Through this partnership, the two institutions will jointly develop and host innovative and effective methodologies for transformative learning and develop and implement a selected number of learning program interventions to secure the strongest possible impact.
To strengthen the spread of knowledge from both institutions, we have established a renewed emphasis on knowledge communication and pledged to enhance the dissemination of information and knowledge about our initiatives and interventions to stakeholders, beneficiaries, and the general public.
As a component of this effort, we are looking for a Communications Associate to support our institutional communications, gather and share impactful stories related to our interventions and initiatives.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Development of effective communication products to increase the impact, outreach and understanding of learning methodologies as well as communication of joint programmatic activities.
- Communication support to various ’knowledge-communication’ initiatives – as part of this ensure journalistic aspects of production of short and compelling video-explainers, podcasts and articles/blogs with relation to our core themes and courses.
- Collaborate with program teams to gather information and insights on the programs/projects and initiatives and develop content that accurately reflect our work.
- Create compelling and engaging content for our social media channels.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the communication strategies and adjust them as needed.
- Support on media mobilisation and engagement for local and regional media (EAC region) coverage and reporting on TCDC and DFC events and programs.
- Ensure that all communication materials adhere to the organisation's branding and messaging guidelines.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, or a related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in communications or storytelling.
Knowledge, Ability and Skills
- Strong writing, editing, and storytelling skills with experience with Storytelling for Impact
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours from time to time
- Knowledge of the latest trends and best practices in digital media and communications
- Ability to develop and implement communication strategies that align with the organisations focuses
- Ability to produce high-quality written and visual content that is engaging and effective
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse teams and stakeholders to gather communications pieces and insights of our work
- Ability to effectively manage social media accounts and other communication channels
- Ability to monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of communication strategies and adjust them as needed
- Strong interpersonal skills, building relationships and working collaboratively with colleagues, partners, and stakeholders
How to Apply
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and attach your CV, motivational letter, and any available links to samples of your work/portfolio with subject "Communications Associate"
3rd April 2023