Business and Partnership Development Specialist
MS TCDC aims to grow and diversify its income by continuing to mobilize resources and invest in local, regional, and global-level programs and funding initiatives. MS TCDC will steadily strengthen the current partnerships, institutional, development, and non-traditional partners. As we seek long-term partnership growth, we will develop new relationships and explore joint initiatives to tap into corporate opportunities, including green environmental ventures.
Through such resource mobilization, MS TCDC will build itself into a sustainable institution and be a state-of-the-art learning space where civil society change agents can meet and engage to co-create in a friendly, sustainable green environment.
MS TCDC is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Business and Partnership Development Specialist who will drive the resource mobilization and business development agenda. The ideal candidate will be key in identifying opportunities, engaging with internal staff, finalizing resource mobilization strategies, and, through consultations with relevant managers and other stakeholders, developing and submitting program and resource development proposals. They will also be key in identifying new partnership opportunities and strengthening the relationship with existing ones. The position will keep management updated on strategic opportunities through the provision of market intelligence information for resource mobilization decision-making.
Business Planning, Identification and Development
- Finalise and implement the resource mobilization strategy and plans and identify opportunities and funding strategies that align with the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Enhance and maintain a knowledge management system inclusive of context analyses, proposals, and other resources relevant for business and partnership proposal development.
- Develop and execute strategic partnerships and collaborations that drive resource growth and market expansion.
- Identify new funding opportunities from institutional partners, the private sector (corporate), and non-traditional partners.
- Collaborate with relevant unit heads to negotiate partnership agreements and contracts to ensure mutually beneficial outcomes.
- In collaboration with managers, manage ongoing relationships with partners to ensure delivery on commitments and performance metrics.
- Pro-actively seek market intelligence on potential new opportunities or partnerships and make appropriate decisions.
- Analyse partnership performance data to identify opportunities for improvement and optimization
- Lead in market research, analyze potential opportunities and trends in the local, regional, and international spaces for strategic investment in potential partnerships to advance MSTCDC’s 2023–2027 strategy
- Lead and provide regular updates to management on the status of the partnership portfolio and key trends to monitor and invest in.
- Collaborate with internal teams to develop and execute department funding targets
- Represent the MSTCDC at industry/sectoral events and conferences to identify new business opportunities and build networks
External Engagement and Marketing
- Develop and maintain systems and tools to track contacts, external positioning opportunities, and partnership engagements.
- Monitor industry trends and competitive landscape to inform business development strategies.
- Enhance internal and external communications to improve our program’s impact and visibility.
- Nurture business relationships with existing and potential partners for retention of funding and programming opportunities.
- Collaborate with the Learning and Communication units to further develop our focus on Content Marketing and ensure that our external communication framework is aligned with the new partnership strategy.
- Lead and develop proposals for private and public funds, including the overall processes and ensuring inputs from relevant staff and sign off.
- In collaboration with managers, facilitate the process for partnership and partnership development agreements for strategic and resource mobilization.
- Lead inter-departmental coordination for proposal development and submission working with key staff, including finance.
- Develop and execute partnership engagement strategies for relationship building with the aim of submitting solicited and unsolicited tenders.
- Identify and seek organizations for consortium for joint resource mobilization and collaboration in program delivery.
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, or related field, preferred MBA.
- 5+ years of experience in business development and/or partnership management, preferably in the NGO sector.
- Proven track record of developing successful partnerships and collaborations.
- Strong negotiation and contract management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal teams and external partners.
Terms & Conditions
The position of Business and Partnership Developement Specialist will be based at the MS TCDC training Centre in Usa River, Arusha under the following terms and conditions:
- The position is offered under MS TCDC’s employment terms with a contract of three (3) years with the possibility of extension depending on the future programmatic focus and needs of MS TCDC.
- A basic salary under MS TCDC’s scheme of service – according to experience and education when relevant.
- A vibrant work environment with highly committed and professional people.
To apply, submit a motivation letter about why you are the most suitable candidate for the position, a resume and three (3) referees to email@example.com by 9th June, 2023 midnight East African Time (EAT) with title Business and Partnership Development Specialist.
We value all applications but we can only respond to short listed candidates.