Job Ad - IT Manager
MS Training Centre for Development Cooperation (MS TCDC), located in Usa River near Arusha, was established in 1976 to prepare Danish volunteers to work in East and Southern Africa. Today it trains over 5,000 people annually from all over the world in development management courses, Kiswahili language and cultural orientation.
MS TCDC trainings are structured around non formal and formal education programmes with strong synergies between them. MS TCDC is currently expanding its programmes in response to the growing demand for transformative and value driven leadership in Africa. In order to support this expansion, the organization is looking for a vibrant, motivated professional to take the position of IT MANAGER.
The IT Manager reports directly to the Operations Director. The selected candidate will be expected to provide at all times insure smooth running of MS TCDC’s IT system and IT infrastructure in particular internet connectivity. This means that the IT Manager must proactively identify and find solutions, to any IT system and internet challenges at MS TCDC and immediately bring those challenges and solutions to the attention of the Director of Operations for approval
IT learning function of the Learning Centre
- With input from the training department, administration, the digital learning team and MS DK leads the process of and develop IT strategy of MS TCDC with regards to the use of IT for training and administration.
- Keep up to date in the latest developments in using IT and new technology for learning
- Function as a technical resource person in the development and implementation of online learning activities.
- Take a proactive role in developing a close link to the digital learning team and IT in MS DK.
- Together with the Director of Operations will prepare annual work plan and budgets.
- Provision of IT Training to MS TCDC participants/students and staff.
- Together with the rest of the learning Centre team responsible for all operational functions of the MS TCDC Learning Centre including but not limited to administration and coordination of all the activities of the Learning Centre.
IT Service Responsibilities
- The IT Manager will take lead on all IT Maintenance, logistics and procurement and security related issues at MS TCDC.
- Make sure IT users are timely informed of any interferences or down periods of the centres Internet connection
- Make sure IT related licences are updated and paid in time.
- Coordinate trouble shooting, report the outcome and find a solution
- Make sure the monthly financial accountability is backed up according to requirements and other relevant backups are made.
- Plan and make term of reference (ToR) and contract when engaging external IT service providers.
- Manage and repair equipment’s of the Centre i.e photocopy machines, computers, printers, scanners, etc.
- Manage accurate inventory of tools, parts and supplies.
- Conduct preventive maintenance and photocopiers adjustment.
The ideal candidate has the following minimum professional qualities and qualifications
- Masters in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 5 years of experience working in IT operations
- Experience leading and managing large IT projects and rolling out IT infrastructures across various technologies
- Excellent working knowledge of computer systems, security, network and systems administration, databases and data storage systems, and phone systems
- Expert knowledge of IT best practices, policies and regulations
- In-depth understanding of programming, computer science and digital security.
- Expertise with implementing, configuring, and testing solutions.
- A clear understanding of client/server technology and network architecture
- Good communication, including writing, speaking and active listening
- Strong problem-solving, critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Customer service and interpersonal skills
Terms and conditions:
- The position is offered under MS TCDC’s employment terms with a fixed-term contract of three (3) years with the possibility of extension depending on the future programmatic focus and needs of MS TCDC.
- A basic salary under MS TCDC’s scheme of service – according to experience and education when relevant.
- A vibrant work environment with highly committed and professional people.
Application and Other Information:
To apply, letter about why you are the most suitable candidate for the position, a resume and three (3) referees to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Monday, 27th June 2022, midnight EAT with the title IT Manager
We value all applications but we can only respond to short-listed candidates. While all applicants will be assessed strictly on their individual merits, women are strongly encouraged to apply.
MS TCDC strives to be an employer of choice by respecting the rights of employees, promoting intercultural diversity and giving specific references to women.