Bachelor of Arts in Governance and Development
About the Program:
The changing nature and dynamism in development mean that development workers must update their skills to meet these challenges. MS Training Centre for Development Cooperation has been at the forefront in the provision of leading professional development and governance programs. Being a center of excellence in development trainings, MSTCDC has taken the challenge to provide higher education training in Governance and Development.
BA in Governance and Development is a degree program designed to equip you for a successful career with a theoretical and practical understanding of governance and development issues both locally and internationally that aim at solving the challenges experienced in power management of social and economic resources for development.
In this course, you will develop an understanding of the main discussions around governance and development issues in both the public and private sector that includes the state, non-governmental organizations and the local community. It will also give you a platform to engage with students from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
BA students in Governance and Development studies will be acquainted with practical skills thus be able to:
- Develop an understanding of governance and development issues at the national and international levels.
- Apply principles of governance, democracy and development, leadership, and power and voice in governance to execute governance and development policies.
- Conduct political and development analysis required for sound decision-making for various national and international organizations.
- Engage in advocating for human rights, women empowerment, decentralization approaches and state-society relations to administer social justice and rule of law in development functions.
- Communication Skills
- Basic Principles in Governance
- State-Society Relations in Development
- Global Diplomatic Negotiations and Mediation
- Gender Perspectives in Development
- Principles of Democracy and Development
- Global Governance and Politics
- Elements of Development Finance
- Principles of Social Entrepreneurship
- Power and Voice in Governance Discourses
- Sociology of Development
- Human Rights Theory and Practice
- Organizational Behavior
- Discourses in Aid and Development in Africa
- Transformational Leadership in Governance
- NGOs and Development
- Political Economy of Governance and Development
- Methods in Social Science Research
- Regional Integration and Citizen Participation
- Public Policy and Development
- Politics of Development in Emerging Democracies
- Field Practical Training
- Research Project 1 and 2
- Development Management
- Corporate Strategic Management
- Multinational Corporations and Development
- Methods in Governance Research
- Natural Resource Governance in Development
- Taxation for Development
- Urban Governance in Africa
- Measurement in Development
- National Cohesion and Social Integration
- Statistics for Development
- Women Leadership in Development
Who is this degree for:
This program is intended for individuals who have qualified for university entry and want to build a specialized career in governance and development issues.
Our students bring a vast diversity of cultures and experiences. Alumni for this course are spread over 5 countries.
- Direct Applicants
- A-Level applicants should have two principal passes with a total of 4.0 G.P.A points from two subjects excluding General studies (GS). The two principal passes should be in any of the following subjects: History, Geography, Kiswahili, English Language, French, Arabic, Fine Art, Economics, Commerce, Accountancy, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Advanced Mathematics, Agriculture, Computer Science or Nutrition.
- Equivalent Applicants
- Ordinary diploma applicants should have a G.P.A of 3.0 This being a multidisciplinary field, we accept in Community Development, Development Studies, Sociology, Public Administration, Social Work, Rural Development, Youth Development Work, International Relations, Political Science and Administration, Law, Project Planning and Management or Education with an average of “B’’ or a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Applicants with Foreign Certificates:
All applicants holding foreign qualifications must have their qualifications validated and equated by NECTA for certificates of secondary education and NACTE for Certificate and Diploma qualifications. To learn more about the validation procedures click on the below links that will direct you to the respective regulatory bodies.
3 years full time with 2 module based semesters per year
You will be assessed through coursework assignments, presentations, continuous assessment tests and exams
Fee for the Program:
|Tuition Fee for Residents (Tanzanians)||TZS 940,000/=|
|Tuition Fee for Foreigners||US$ 560|
|Hostel Quad Accommodation Per Semester||TZS 300,000/=|
25th October 2021
Our graduates are currently top officials in the government, members of parliament, top officials in the nongovernmental organizations, civil servants, executive secretaries, officials in civil society organizations, faith-based organizations and UN agencies; administrators in training institutions, legal and policy advisors and secretary-general in various bodies.
Meals service with different options
Room cleaning services and Linens availability
Hot water system