MSc in Leadership & Governance Course
About the Program
The Master of Leadership and Governance aims to establish a strong foundation of principles in the field of leadership and governance. The program seeks to equip participants with knowledge and competencies in leadership and governance that will result in better management of organisations.
Our graduates will be able to identify, integrate, and apply a body of knowledge and a set of techniques in governance practices. Furthermore, we aim to prepare ethical leaders who are competent in applying their knowledge, skills, and attitudes in transforming their societies.
The program is divided into four semesters over two academic years, covering thirteen modules, with each module covered within a specified time. There are 17 weeks per semester allocated for lectures, tutorial instructions, simulations, discussions, assignments, and examinations.
Our research module, which is weighted heavily, takes two full semesters and is conducted after the other modules to allow students to use leadership aspects during research.
- Build a solid foundation of scientific principles relevant to leadership and governance.
- Develop awareness of opportunities and the importance of creativity, innovation, and self-reliance to sustain organizations. Acquire critical thinking skills from experienced tutors and leaders to solve complex organizational challenges.
- Foster collegiality, harmony, and peacekeeping through effective communication, creating a positive work environment.
- Provide students with leadership and governance competencies to achieve better results in managing organizations.
- Offer flexible learning paths and schedules to accommodate diverse learning needs, promoting curiosity, reflection, and understanding.
- Equip graduates with knowledge and techniques to effectively apply governance practices.
- Prepare ethical leaders who possess the necessary skills, knowledge, and attitudes to excel in operational areas.
What you will learn
- Leadership Integrity and Accountability
- Leadership Theory and Practice
- Governance Theory and Practice
- Planning and Resource Management
- Innovation and Strategic Thinking
- Human Centred Design Thinking
- Development Economics
- National and International Laws
- Policy Analysis
- Applied Statistics
- Research Methodology
- Financial Management for Leaders
- Project Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation
- Leading Entrepreneurial organization
- Gender Mainstreaming
- Diversity Management
- Dissertation Writing and Defense
- Bachelor’s degree with at least upper second class or advanced diploma recognised by TCU/NACTVET
- Bachelor’s degree with lower second class (honors) and three (3) years relevant post-qualification work experience
- Bachelor’s degree with a PASS and relevant minimum post-qualification work experience of five (5) years
- Unclassified Bachelor’s degrees holders should have an average credit of B or above
Who is the program for
- Graduates from any Bachelor's degree
- Individuals currently holding or aspiring to hold leadership positions
- Individuals interested in pursuing a career in leadership and governance
- Private practitioners and public institutions
- Those involved in the analysis or practices of leadership and governance
- Individuals working in local or national government, development organizations, bi-lateral and multi-lateral organizations, NGOs, universities, and the private sector.
Mode of Study
Face to Face
Mode of Delivery
Evining Classes 1700 hrs to 2000hrs EAT