Call for Expression of Interest: Corporate Fundraiser Consultant
About YouLead Africa
YouLead is Africa’s flagship Youth Leadership Program working to unlock youth leadership potential for a prosperous continent by identifying, recognizing, connecting and fostering cooperation among Africa’s vibrant and influential young leaders and their initiatives. YouLead is a joint initiative of MS Training Centre for Development Cooperation (MSTCDC) and the East African Community (EAC) in Arusha, Tanzania but works across the African continent through partnerships. H.E. Jakaya Kikwete, former President of Tanzania is YouLead Africa’s current Patron.
Consultancy purpose: To provide strategic and operational leadership for corporate fundraising at YouLead Africa using YouLead Summit 2022 as the selling point/product, complete and lead the implementation of YouLead Africa’s Corporate Fundraising Strategy. End goal is to diversify and grow YouLead’s income across all corporate channels to enable YouLead Africa to sustainably expand its reach for greater positive youth development within the EAC region and across Africa.
The post holder will drive the diversification of YouLead Africa’s fundraising portfolio using YouLead Summit 2022 as a product for sale, and continue to increase the income streams of large, medium and small scale enterprises, major philanthropists, and other large corporates and nonprofit partners. This requires a high degree of connectivity and acquaintance with other for-profit and nonprofit work sectors, to ensure that compelling proposals with high quality lead to tangible income resulting in cash contributions and unlimited in-kind contributions for YouLead Summit 2022 to be raised mainly through sale of delegate sponsorship packages and partner contribution/donations.
- Develop, maintain and grow the existing portfolio of corporate relationships with YouLead Africa including providing excellent partner management, designing and delivering bespoke communications.
- Research potential corporate partners, plan and deliver engaging presentations and pitches, to secure tangible resources and support for YouLead Africa.
- Identify, secure and develop new corporate partnership opportunities, focusing on YouLead Africa’s National Government-Private Sector Dinner Roundtable Dialogues concept, corporate donations, event sponsorship opportunities, delegate sponsorship packages, and medium-long term program support for partners interested in impact.
- Assist in the implementation of existing, and the development of new, corporate partnership products, in consultation with the YouLead Africa Director and the supervisor (technical advisor).
- Develop and maintain a working Corporate Fundraising Matrix and knowledge of East Africa and Africa’s Corporate sector ensuring all fundraising opportunities are maximized in line with the YouLead Africa Corporate Fundraising Strategy.
- Work collaboratively with YouLead Africa Regional Associates and other Consortium members across the continent to maximize corporate fundraising income.
- Work collaboratively with the YouLead Africa Digital Communications team to develop relevant corporate fundraising assets (brochures, sponsorship packages, etc).
- Meet income targets for 2022 in cash and unlimited in-kind contributions as agreed with the YouLead Program Director.
Terms and Conditions
- The consultant is expected to support the delivery of the above-mentioned activities and perform against agreed indicators between August 2022 and December 2022.
- Remuneration of the consultant’s role will be an agreed lump sum based on success levels of the fundraising drive and resulting amounts termed as unconditional contributions/grants.
- When necessary, travel costs deemed will be covered on a need-basis and each travel engagement will be agreed upon prior if considered of strategic value. Travel is to be minimized and all work is to be largely virtual.
Applicants should submit their letter of expression of interest and a short proposal covering your methodology, approaches, fundraising targets and expectations to: email@example.com with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 15th August 2022, 23:59 PM EAT.
Subject Title: Corporate Fundraiser - YouLead Africa Program within the Leadership and Governance Academy of MS TCDC.
We value all applications but due to the volumes of applications we often received, we can only commit to responding to short-qualified candidates.