Job Ad - Facilities Administrator
MS Training Centre for Development Cooperation (MS TCDC), located in Usa River near Arusha, was established in 1976 to prepare Danish volunteers to work in East and Southern Africa. Today it trains over 5,000 people annually from all over the world in development management courses, Kiswahili language and cultural orientation.
MS TCDC trainings are structured around non-formal and formal education programmes with strong synergies between them. MS TCDC is currently expanding its programmes in response to the growing demand for transformative and value-driven leadership in Africa. In order to support this expansion, the organization is looking for a vibrant, motivated professional to take the position of FACILITIES ADMINISTRATOR.
The Facilities Administrator reports directly to the Operations Director. The selected candidate will be expected to provide overall leadership and coordination of the facilities management and ensure smooth and economical sustainable running of MS TCDC’s physical facilities including the buildings and maintenance.
- Works closely with Finance Department and Human Resources Department on issues related to contract management and procurement.
- Works closely with other departmental heads in relation to the coordination of activities, in particular related to guests/participants.
As the Facilities Administrator, your main areas of responsibility will be:
- Develop short and long-term planning of the Centre's infrastructure, maintenance and upgrading of the built-up environment.
- Manage contracts with service providers in the maintenance area.
- Draw up short and long-term programs for the general improvement of the environment and landscape.
- Prepare the budgets and annual work plan including preventive maintenance schedules with input from the maintenance team.
- Conducting proper management follow-up of maintenance activity and rectification of detected faults in buildings and services.
- Assisting in feasibility studies, to evaluate the viability of proposed projects in facilities management.
- Checking daily maintenance repair works in carpentry, plumbing, electrical, masonry and painting trades. Follow up on contractors.
- Conducting maintenance surveys and recording inventory of related works.
- Production of the bill of quantities (BOQ) and estimated cost of works.
- Surveying and preparation of drawings/sketches for buildings extensions and renovations.
- Follow up on asset registration and inventory in conjunction with other departments.
- Any other related duties may be assigned by the Director of Operations.
- Bachelors of Science in Property and Facilities Management, Engineering or related field.
- Minimum of 4 - 5 years in the building construction or building maintenance field in a reputable organization.
- Practical skills and knowledge in the civil construction field with an understanding eg. Of level measuring and basic startup of construction. A proven track record of maintenance procedures, planning and management is essential.
- Good verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Willing to work under minimum supervision and extra hours.
- Good computer knowledge and ability to use office software such as word and excel. Have a passion for accountability and good governance.
Terms and conditions:
- The position is offered under MS TCDC’s employment terms with a fixed-term contract of three (3) years with the possibility of extension depending on the future programmatic focus and needs of MS TCDC.
- A basic salary under MS TCDC’s scheme of service – according to experience and education when relevant.
- Housing is provided on campus in Usa River, Arusha.
- A vibrant work environment with highly committed and professional people.
Application and Other Information:
To apply, letter about why you are the most suitable candidate for the position, a resume and three (3) referees to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Monday, 27th June 2022, midnight EAT with the title Facilities Administrator
We value all applications but we can only respond to short-listed candidates. While all applicants will be assessed strictly on their individual merits, women are strongly encouraged to apply.
MS TCDC strives to be an employer of choice by respecting the rights of employees, promoting intercultural diversity and giving specific references to women.