TRANSFORMING AGRIBUSINESS TO SUSTAINABLE, ENTREPRENEURIAL, AND SMART AGRICULTURE
Sharpen your agribusiness skills and knowledge as an emerging farmer for improved employment, food security and household income.
The course will support the smallholder farmers to engage in competitive agricultural value chains, manage farmers groups/associations/cooperatives for profit-making, proper costing of agribusiness activities for meaningful and profitable agribusiness entrepreneurship and apply modern climate-smart agricultural practices for better yields.
- Gain skills in the application of climate-smart agricultural practices.
- Identify climate-smart agricultural practices in your communities.
- Learn how to increase market share for your agribusiness.
- Enhance the selection of competitive value chains for increased profits.
- Develop your understanding of the price-setting of agribusiness goods and services.
- Learn how to reduce exploitation among contracted farmers.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Climate Smart Agricultural practices.
- Agriculture Economics and Entrepreneurship.
- Management of Cooperatives.
- Value Chain Development.
- Inclusive Contract Farming.
- Processing Economics.
- Extension Services for Investments.
WHO THE COURSE IS FOR
Farmer's commercial groups (Associations, Cooperatives)
Agribusiness supporting players such as NGOs, the Private sector as well as public officers such as extension staff