EMBED FEMINIST PRINCIPLES INTO YOUR LEADERSHIP TO FOSTER TRANSFORMATIONAL CHANGE
Gain insight into the concept of feminism, explore how the feminist movement has evolved historically, and learn how to integrate feminist principles into your leadership to promote truly inclusive, equitable, and accountable systems and cultures. You’ll emerge from this course able to analyse your own organisational culture and leadership structures through an intersectional feminist lens, and apply your insights to dismantle harmful power dynamics, shift negative biases, and nurture empathy and compassion.
- Understand the concept of feminism, describe its key tenets, and its role in shifting transformative power for social economic justice
- Learn how inclusive feminism leadership approach is important for instigating more radical and systemic change.
- Learn how to apply feminist leadership principles in the specific context of where you work
- Understand what an inclusive feminist approach looks like and how to enact it in practice
- Learn to use feminist approaches to analyse, critique, and participate in public policy debates on poverty and injustice
- Learn how to contribute to the feminist movement and how to create/sustain an effective network
- Differentiate gender and feminism.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Key feminist concepts and principles
- Historical overview of feminism and feminist practice
- Gender and feminism
- Feminism movement building and networking
WHO THE COURSE IS FOR
Staff in CSOs, financial partners, government officials, researchers