BECOME A SKILLED CLIMATE NEGOTIATOR WHEN ATTENDING COP/CMP/CMA.
This hands-on training will introduce you to policy frameworks that govern climate negotiation processes, and negotiation sessions. It will take you through all important rules and procedures that govern climate negotiations. The course will also strengthen your negotiation skills to become a more skilled climate negotiator by introducing you to terminologies, tips and tricks used in climate negotiation. With focus on the developing countries, the training will look at challenges faced by negotiators and how best they can be addressed.
Furthermore, the course will look at the role of observers in climate change negotiations and their contribution in the negotiation process.
- Understand structure of climate change negotiations and general operations
- Understand existing governance bodies and groups in climate change negotiations
- Acquire skills to actively and effectively participate in international climate change negotiations (COP/CMP/CMA)
- Recognize roles and responsibilities of observers in climate change negotiations
- Identify entry points for engagements as observers in climate change negotiations
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Structure of Climate Negotiations
- Negotiation Steps
- Negotiation Skills
- Observer Engagement
WHO THE COURSE IS FOR
- Technical experts and practitioners involved in climate change negotiations
- Observer organizations and individuals involved in climate change negotiations
- Climate Activists wanting to influence climate change negotiations at local and international levels
- Any interested individuals wanting to improve their understanding of how the international climate negotiations work