UNDERSTAND DIGITAL RIGHTS, MINIMISE DIGITAL SECURITY RISKS, AND PROTECT ORGANISATION DATA
Discover how to safely and securely leverage digital tools and technologies so that you can protect your and your organisation’s data and privacy. This course will introduce you to the legal environment related to digital security, and guide you through the steps to implement your own digital security plan. Furthermore, it will help deepen your understanding of digital rights and help you develop strategies aimed at minimising personal and organisational risks and vulnerabilities to digital security threats and attacks.
- Develop an appreciation for the evolution of digital technologies and their implications for the safety, security, and privacy of individuals and organisations.
- Learn about digital protection mechanisms for individuals and institutions, and understand the policy and legal environment related to digital security rights
- Acquire the skills to conduct a digital security context analysis and risk assessment, and to draft and implement your own digital security plan.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- The concept of Digital Rights
- Digital security threats, risks, and mistakes.
- Digital security tools and strategies.
- Protection of data and personal information
- Context analysis, actor mapping, and risk assessment.
- Digital security plan ideation
WHO THE COURSE IS FOR
Individuals and organisation representatives, particularly those engaged in advocacy campaigns, social movements, and development practice