PROMOTE SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT OUTCOMES THROUGH HRBA PRINCIPLES
Gain the theoretical and practical knowledge you need to ground your development programming in the principles of HRBA so that you can more effectively address societal inequalities and injustices within the context of your work. This course will draw from real life case studies to help you understand the advantages and limitations of HRBA, while also incorporating practical exercises so that you learn how to integrate the core principles of HRBA into all stages of your development programming and advocacy work: from planning and implementation, to monitoring, evaluation, and reporting.
- Develop a deeper understanding of the interconnections between human rights and development.
- Understand the human rights instruments and mechanisms which support HRBA-centred development.
- Learn how to apply an HRBA lens so that you can more effectively address injustices and inequalities and foster systemic change in your development work.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Historical Overview of Human Rights standards and mechanisms.
- International Human Rights instruments and their global application.
- History, concept and principles of HRBA in Development.
- Application of HRBA for effective development interventions.
- Application of HRBA for effective M&E.
- Utilising HRBA to analyse and address societal inequalities.
WHO THE COURSE IS FOR
Development practitioners and leaders of social-impact organisations