DESIGN AND ENHANCE YOUR MEAL SYSTEM TO IMPROVE PROGRAM QUALITY AND IMPACT
Go deep into the concepts, practises, frameworks, and tools to draw from so that you can design your own monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning (MEAL) system, or enhance the one already in place. In this course, you’ll have the opportunity to learn about the components of a robust MEAL system and how to use your MEAL system to track and measure progress. Simultaneously, you will explore various techniques for collecting and analysing data to inform program decisions and adjustments, and to understand the effects and impacts of a given program or project on the communities you serve. Please note that you can choose from various levels of the MEAL course, depending on the knowledge and skills that you are looking to gain:
- Level 1: Introduction to Monitoring & Evaluation basis + project/programme lifecycle.
- Level 2: Results-based management, participatory M&E frameworks, and data collection.
- Level 3: Data collection software and analysis, accountability, learning, baseline evaluations and surveys.
- Level 1 +2 + 3: M&E basics, project/programme lifecycle, results-based management and participatory M&E frameworks, data collection software and analysis, accountability and learning, and baseline evaluations and surveys.
- Understand various approaches and frameworks to draw from to develop and support your MEAL plan.
- Learn how to use your MEAL system to inform management decisions, guide program implementation, and measure programme impact.
- Discover how to Integrate MEAL tools and practises into your program development.
- Appreciate how you can use your MEAL system to strengthen accountability within your organisation and to your program stakeholders.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Monitoring Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Concepts, terms and theories.
- Log Frame and Outcome Mapping.
- Hierarchy of Objectives (Impact, Outcomes and Outputs).
- Developing Performance Indicators.
- Assumptions and Risk Analysis.
- M&E Data collection, Analysis and Reporting.
- Results-based Financing and Value for Money.
- Designing Tools for Participatory M&E Data Collection.
- Management Information System.
- Basic introduction to SPSS package.
- Questionnaire Coding and Development of SPSS Coding Sheet.
- Presentation of Data.
WHO THE COURSE IS FOR
Organisation leaders and program officers